COF

COF

Friday, September 2, 2011

Cuckcoo

Took a break from Dimensions yesterday to work on another ongoing project of mine. Ongoing for about 8 years--21 if you want to get technical. Ive never been able to get it right. The story is awesome, I love the characters like family, and I enjoy writing it even when I'm banging my head against my desk as I'm trying to make it work.
Over the years with this project Ive had trouble with timing, certain pacing, fitting in certain character threads, plot solutions, and you name whatever else. I know what has to happen, Ive made most of it happen, but I haven't made it happen in a way that is completely clear and entertaining to any perspective reader.

Yesterday, out of the clear blue ether, i think I had a breakthrough. Ive had these breakthroughs before and ended up having to take xanex for a few months afterwards. But this one hopefully, for the sake of my mental health, will be the final breakthrough of them all.

I spent the larger part of the day yesterday building a 95,000 beta draft. Today I'm going to put the finishing touches on that, then put it in solitary confinement to let it stew over the long weekend while I work on a smaller project for something else. Then come Monday or Tuesday Ill start the next incarnation of the First Draft. (technically its the who-knows-what number draft)

And then, when that's done, if I'm still at least partially sane, Ill return to Dimensions.

Yeah, that's pretty much how I roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment