COF

COF

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Occupy This!

j/k, no Occupying here.

I'm in the process of packaging up my new standalone novel so I can go and find it a nice home; the only problem is, it became a four book saga overnight, so I hope that whoever takes it in will like his brothers and sisters too.

Someday I WILL write a standalone. Someday. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, or next year, or...well, you get the point.

My problem is complexity. I don't like simple stories, but I don't like ones that leave alot of threads hanging either.

Someday Ill master the craft of the short yarn. Someday.

Monday I'm moving on to another project I have waiting in the wings and in my darkest thoughts. The one I mentioned several times before and its a big one...a difficult one too. Waiting in the months ahead of me will be long, coffee-filled battles of plot-working, pacing, character developments, contradiction eliminations, dueling heavily with the passive voice, and a host of other unforeseen struggles.

But I feel that its a great (and epic) story so all the blood, sweat, and ulcers will be well worth it once the finished project is revealed.

Like Ive said, I plan on working on it--unless something else comes up--until its finished, so that will take me into next year, and maybe even into a good chunk of the year at least. My blog posts may slack during that time, but all for the better.

I should be announcing some excitement soon, just waiting for the call...

No comments:

Post a Comment