COF

COF

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Switching Gears

Yeah, so having to switch gears here. Got the word yesterday about Forvian Sphere so the balls rolling on that. In the publishing world when things are slow they're slow, but when they're fast they're lighting fast, so watch this space for some important announcements in the few coming short weeks.
It was perfect timing really since I just hit a roadblock on Filibuster. So while I await the edits from Forvian, I'm gonna go back to work full time on Book 3 of The Nonari. Right now the first draft is half done, half chapter outlines, but those chapters go all the way to the end; all I gotta do is write them.

In another small piece of news, which isn't really news, but more of a small ramble: I finished reading A Memory of Light by Robert Jordan. Why is that significant at all? Well, Ive spent the last 19 years following the series and now its finally over though RJ wasn't the one to have finished it.The Wheel of Time gets equal parts flak and praise from both sides of the fence. I'm a praiser, there were things in the books that I didn't agree with, but they didn't bother me because RJ wrote them; it was his story and they were supposed to be there. Aside from being an awesome writer/storyteller, he was also fan friendly. One time (during the Knife of Dreams tour) I had asked him a question long after questions had stopped being taken; instead of telling me to screw because I was flouting the rules, he answered the question at great length, jolly as ever, despite the hundreds of pissed off people behind me waiting in line. And from all other sources Ive heard from, that's just the kind of guy he was.
He died six years ago while working on A Memory of Light. The person chosen to finish the series for the fans was Brandon Sanderson. Its hard to say what could have been, but I think if RJ was able to finish the series as should have happened, A Memory of Light and The Wheel of Time would have smashed anything that came before it. But while the end was good and highly unexpected (the end was written by RJ before he died) the three books that Brandon Sanderson ended up writing weren't RJ.
And that's all I have to say about that.

Heres to the future and remember, The End of The Nonari is coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment