COF

COF

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

JJS HISTORY MONTH: DAY 6

Here we are in Day 6.

Something that only a few people probably know is that I'm an avid chess player. I play everyday.To me, its the best two-player game in the history of the world. I wont bore you guys with the history of chess, but what I find most interesting about the game is that each individual game is winnable. Technically, a novice can beat a grandmaster just by having patience and thinking about each individual move, including those of the opposing side. But patience is the big killer and maintaining that concentration is far from easy. Thats part of the allure for me. Winning means that you broke your opponent mentally. I cant even tell you how many times Ive won a game just by capturing someones queen.
Of course, Ive been on the losing end a few thousand times myself; comes with the territory.

I rate myself somewhere between Good and Suck so if any of you out there wants to  play, go to gameknot.com and look up jsergi, feel free to challenge me to a game---whoohahahahaha

See you tomorrow, I got some games to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment