COF

COF

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Can’t Refuse The Muse

A couple of posts back I said that I had spent the day outlining the sequel to Memories and that I was prob gonna get to work on it that following Monday but mostly likely it would be the next day (Friday). Well, I did end up starting it on Friday and spent a couple of days on it; wrote an awesome prologue and an awesome first chapter and a few chapter outlines....and then, as is often the case, I was slapped upside the head by an idea for a project unrelated to Memories.
Even so I was determined to ignore it, but the idea wouldn't shut up, wouldn't stop nagging the hell out of me. So I finally shoved Memories aside and gave in to the new idea.
And that's what I have been working on for the past two weeks. I want it to be a standalone but as usual the story is like:


“Fuck you, Jay! This is gonna be a trilogy!”

And then I'm like,  “Why? Why can't we just write one friggin standalone?”


“Cuz it's not our thing, now shut up and get writing or you can't watch the Pacquiao-Rios fight!”


“But the market is calling for--”


“Forget the market; you don't write for the market; you write for you and the readers.”
                                                                               

“I'll see what I can do.”


“No, you don't see, you just do!”


“Okay, Yoda.” 

Slap! 

Cries 

I don't care, it's gonna be a  standalone. But I am done with making predictions on future projects as far as what I will be working on once the current project is done. Memories 2 will be get done, as will the host of other stuff on my plate. I just don't know when..

Happy holidays everyone!! 

JJS 

No comments:

Post a Comment