COF

COF

Saturday, December 27, 2014

A Litttle Bit About The Nonari

A Discussion With Jason J Sergi, by F.Person.

FP: Welcome, Mr. Sergi and thanks for taking the time to talk with me today. The topic is your End of The Nonari series. First off, what is The Nonari and why does it have to end?

JJS: (Laughing) Well, with not giving too much away, The Nonari is the "world" in which the series takes place; at the risk of sounding cliche, I like to think of it as an onion, with every layer hiding a new mystery or revelation. As to why it has to end...it's only fair that I allow the reader to peel back that layer, so they can find out for themselves.
I can say that the main story arc takes place immediately after a prophesied cataclysmic event, known as The Incident in most cultures.  As per the prophecy, the fabled Saviors of The Forvian Sphere were supposed to appear and lead the survivors back with them to paradise. When they don't, Jacint--the POV of the first book, aptly titled The Forvian Sphere--sets out to The Forvian Sphere to find out why they haven't. That's all I can say without divulging a list of spoilers, but each book builds on the last, leading the reader down a slippery slope of adventure, mystery, intrigue, heartbreak, with even a little romance thrown in.

FP: Sounds intriguing! Okay, so I've been fortunate enough to have read all three of the books--including the soon-to-be-released Void Legions--which currently comprise the series and found it interesting, as far as POV and structure was concerned, to find that you've done something unique in those regards. Care to expand on how you came up with that and why?

JJS:  I'm not sure if its unique, but each book within The Nonari series is told from a single character's first person perspective, each book a different character with some overlap in each book. I chose to write them this way because the series as a whole is about perspective and all its different interpretations. If you have twenty people witness a crime, you'll probably have twenty different stories about how it happened after, with all the details mixed up. Because everyone's perspective on how they see things is often different.

FP: Do you know how many books will ultimately be in the series?

JJS: Yes, there will be seven in total, each told by a different character, save for the last book. The last book will be very different from the previous six, as far as POV goes. I also have a short story collection planned, tentatively titled, Tales of The Nonari, which will serve to fill in some of the blanks as well as to fill out some of the back story. I'm not sure when that will be out, but definitely before the last book is published.

FP: Your readers eagerly await those dates, I'm sure. On that note, when will the next book be out?

JJS: The Void Legions will be out June 10th, and the next book after that, The Grand Rose, will hopefully be out by or around June 2015. I'm about a quarter of the way done with the first draft so I still have a bit to go, but taking longer is better than going the half-assed route. I want to give my readers quality work for their hard earned money, so I hope it's worth the wait.

FP: Where can potential readers find your books?

JJS: Most online retailers, and we're pushing every day to expand into other markets, including brick and mortar in the future.

FP: Much appreciated Mr. Sergi. We very much look forward to your future works. Anything to say in closing?

JJS: I just want to send out a heartfelt thanks to all my readers, I love you guys and have a happy holidays.

Jason J Sergi, author of End of The Nonari

The Forvian Sphere
The Divine Plan
The Void legions

No comments:

Post a Comment