COF

COF

Sunday, March 20, 2016

The Near Future

Hello.

After a bit of streamlining and rescheduling, I've finally settled on the next project. And it's a big one...that will be chopped into manageable-to-read increments. You all know the drill by now: since the project's in its early stages, I can't reveal too much about it. I can say that it's a fantasy, it's a series with the working title of Pillars (very, very tentative--downright temporary, in fact), and that the first book in the series has the working title (also very tentative) of Settler.

I currently have about five books fully or partially outlined and which are to be included in the series, though each installment will be a stand alone for all intents and purposes. All the books will exist in the same world(s) and share the overall series arc. Think in terms of The Saga of Recluce and Malazan Book of The Fallen in terms of style, if not necessarily content. 

I will officially begin work on Settler tomorrow and will continue to update and release details on the project's progress as I go. 

In addition to gearing up for the new project, I've also been working on a slew of short stories these past couple of months. More on those if I get any good news, but there are about thirty editors out there probably shaking their heads after seeing my name come up in the slush pile.

That's it for now; hope you're all having a good Spring day wherever you are.

JJS

No comments:

Post a Comment