COF

COF

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

The Best Laid Plans

I know I said I'd have Shadows of The Past (aka Memories of The Dead Part One) out by this month or the next but it's not to be. Going through the book it's gonna need a LOT of work to make it as perfect as I need it to be, which means it will need by absolute focus. Therefore, I'm putting Shadows on the shelf for an indefinite (but not permanent) amount of time. My energy now and has been focused on putting out new material.

In this vein, I have been working feverishly (sometimes literally so) on the new project Settlers (title subject to change).  Things have been going good there, though that's not to say easy. Complex works never are but I'm enjoying the challenge. When asked if he enjoys writing, George R R Martin replies, "I enjoy having written." hinting that he doesn't like the writing process.

Writing can be a bitch at times...often at times actually, which is weird since it's just putting words on paper but there's the rub. I like the writing process from beginning to end, even when it makes me want to rip my teeth out with pliers and headbutt shards of glass. I suppose I like having written a tad better, though whenever I finish a project it feels like I'm ending a relationship.

Again weird.

But yes, don't expect Shadows of The Past any time soon and know that I'm hard at work on the tentatively-titled Settlers.

In the meantime, "If it looks good, eat it."--Andrew Zimmern


No comments:

Post a Comment