COF

COF

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Endless Enemy Update

I got some good news and bad about Endless Enemy, the first book in my newest sci-fi trilogy. A publisher has shown great interest in the trilogy. That's the good news. The bad? Due to certain circumstances, the publisher is unable to offer me a contract this year but possibly next year. Possibly. In short, Endless Enemy is officially in limbo, at least for 2016. To be fair, said publisher told me I could shop the trilogy around but that would involve ditching said publisher and looking elsewhere, with even less guarantees. Plus I chose said publisher for a reason.

In the meantime, for those who don't know or need a refresher, Endless Enemy had grown out of my short story The Hunters, published by Hungur Magazine (cover above) five years ago. I've tried looking for a link where the mag can still be purchased with no luck. For reference, the issue was published April of 2011. If it's out of print then I might release it myself either here on the blog or through Varsavian for free. My log line for Endless Enemy is: It's a vampire story without the vampires. If that doesn't peak your interest I don't know what will.

In other news, I'm still working on the first draft of Settlers.

That's it for now; Happy Humpday!

No comments:

Post a Comment