COF

COF

Sunday, October 16, 2016

New Empire, Book 2, Weekly Update (10/16)

Another week, another 3k words. Yup, Book 2 is now at 17k. I don't know what you guys think of the progress; I'm not even sure what I think of it. I never keep track of word counts as they relate to progress. Normally I keep track of word counts if I have a number restriction, like with short stories, etc. I also think it's cool when I hit milestones: 1,000, 7,500, 17, 500, 40,000+. But never for progress. I'm only doing it this way because I've promised Book 2 so many times only to break that promise in as many times. This way those who are waiting for Book 2 will know that work is going into it each and every week.

When I first started this project I was gonna try something different and set out to write the traditional 2k words a day. What I found was that method makes me miserable and that I was typing words just to hit a bullshit target. Nope. I came to terms with the fact that some days I'll write a few hundred words, others I'll write tens of thousands and any number in between. That's my method and I'm sticking to it.

Until next week.

JJS

No comments:

Post a Comment