COF

COF

Sunday, January 29, 2017

New Empire Trilogy Book 2, Weekly Update (1/29)

The first draft is officially complete, coming out to about 44k words. Came out shorter than expected because I need to put a chunk I'd been planning for Book 2 into Book 3. It was a timing issue, and no matter which way I attacked it, I couldn't fit it in in a way that made sense.

In other news I have already begun work on the second draft. I'll still be doing weekly updates but no more word counts until the end. Instead I'll be doing percentages or finished chapters; whatever makes more sense. As it stands I have 24 Chapters, a Prologue and an Epilogue. With the exception of the last two, the number of chapters will more than likely fluctuate. For instance, what had been Chapter 1 will now be broken up, it's pieces attached to other chapters or deleted completely or rewritten as flashback scenes.That's how I roll.

So far only the Prologue has been given the second draft treatment, and it's far from a finished product.

Until next week, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment