COF

COF

Sunday, February 12, 2017

New Empire Trilogy Book 2, Weekly Update (2/12)

Sorry for missing last week, folks..it slipped my mind and then when I remembered it was toooo late. On the plus side I've been hard at work on Book 2, second draft (and a few other projects ahem).

Now for the update. It's gonna be tricky to gauge progress for this draft. The first draft ended at 44k words with 24 Chapters, a prologue and an epilogue. As of now I have 7 Second Draft Chapters completed, but that was from material from the first 5 First Draft Chapters. Confused yet?

That's how my process is. People who follow this blog or read any of my related interviews (they're online, just google Jason J Sergi interviews) know that the first draft for me is more of a "suggestion". The second and third drafts is where the real magic happens, with scenes getting tossed around, juggled, deleted, fleshed out, strengthened. As a result, the original Chapter lineup is tossed out the window. So bear with me.

If I had to release a progress bar now I would say that I'm between 10-30% done with the Second Draft. Things have been going fast and slow, the latter mainly due to continuity constraints. That's the problem with sequels: you don't have complete freedom to move forward in just any direction due to the anchors planted in the previous book or books. But it's all good.

That's where we stand for now. I would say I am still on schedule for a May release date. Fingers, toes crossed.

Until next week: Keep reading!

JJS

No comments:

Post a Comment